1.1 These terms and conditions shall govern your use of our website.
1.2 By using our website, you accept these terms and conditions in full; accordingly, if you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use our website.
2. Copyright Notice
2.1 All material on this website is protected by copyright law.
2.2 You may re-use corporate information and policy documents held on this website (excluding logos) free of charge in any format or medium, under the terms of a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) Licence.
2.3 All material being used under this licence must be acknowledged as follows: Copyright: The CHERISH project. If you would like to use the material for commercial purposes, please go to contact the CHERISH Project via email at email@example.com. A licence fee may be charged on top of the cost of purchasing a copy of the material.
2.4 Some of the material on the website is subject to copyrights held by third parties and requests to reproduce it may be forwarded by the CHERISH Project to the particular copyright holder for permission. If you require further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
2.5 The logos of the CHERISH Project four partner institutions (RCAHMW, Aberystwyth University, The Discovery Programme and Geological Survey Ireland) may not be reproduced in whole or part without prior written permission.
2.6 The CHERISH Projects may withdraw any permission to download or reproduce images or other material, if in our opinion, such material is being used in a manner which is, or may be, damaging to the name or reputation of the CHERISH Project.
2.7 The content, design, graphics and arrangement of all the images and text within the website is protected by copyright owned by the CHERISH project or its technical providers.
3. Permission to use website
- view pages from our website in a web browser;
- download pages from our website for caching in a web browser;
- print pages from our website for your own personal and non-commercial use, providing that such printing is not systematic or excessive;
- stream audio and video files from our website; and
- use our website services by means of a web browser,
3.2 Except as expressly permitted by Section 3.1 or the other provisions of these terms and conditions, you must not download any material from our website or save any such material to your computer.
3.3 You may only use our website for your own personal and business purposes; you must not use our website for any other purposes.
3.5 Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, you must not:
- republish material from our website (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent, or sub-license material from our website;
- show any material from our website in public;
- exploit material from our website for a commercial purpose; or
- redistribute material from our website.
3.6 Notwithstanding Section 3.5, you may redistribute our newsletter in print and electronic form to any person.
3.7 We reserve the right to suspend or restrict access to our website, to areas of our website and/or to functionality upon our website. We may, for example, suspend access to the website during server maintenance or when we update the website. You must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on the website.
4. Misuse of website
4.1 You must not:
- use our website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability, accessibility, integrity or security of the website;
- use our website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
- hack or otherwise tamper with our website;
- probe, scan or test the vulnerability of our website without our permission;
- circumvent any authentication or security systems or processes on or relating to our website;
- use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
- impose an unreasonably large load on our website resources including bandwidth, storage capacity and processing capacity;
- decrypt or decipher any communications sent by or to our website without our permission;
- conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent;
- access or otherwise interact with our website using any robot, spider or other automated means, except for the purpose of search engine indexing;
- use our website except by means of our public interfaces;
- violate the directives set out in the robots.txt file for our website
- use data collected from our website for any direct marketing activity (including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing);
- do anything that interferes with the normal use of our website
4.2 You must not use data collected from our website to contact individuals, companies or other persons or entities.
5. Limited warranties
- the completeness or accuracy of the information published on our website;
- that the material on the website is up to date;
- that the website will operate without fault; or
- that the website or any service on the website will remain available.
6. Breaches of these terms and conditions
Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may:
- send you one or more formal warnings;
- temporarily suspend your access to our website;
- permanently prohibit you from accessing our website;
- block computers using your IP address from accessing our website;
- contact any or all of your internet service providers and request that they block your access to our website;
- commence legal action against you, whether for breach of contract or otherwise.
7. Our details
7.1 This website is owned and operated by The Discovery Programme.
7.2 We are registered in Ireland under the registration number 243328, and our registered office is at 6 Mount Street Lower, Dublin, D02 T670 Ireland.